Get ready for wow! Here's a recipe perfect for Holiday entertaining & sure to incite the wow factor. Here's an easy way to impress your guests with Homemade Gnocchi. Trust us, it's not as hard as it might sound!
What You Need:
1 (1 pound) Russet Potato
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 large Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Flour
Tip: In my family we like EAT & we also love leftovers! Above are the typical ingredients needed for 4-6 servings....however, I'm not sure this holds true for Italians or big-eaters. I follow the ingredients but typically use 1 potato per person (& then adjust the recipe accordingly ;).
1. Pierce the potato all over with a fork then microwave each one until tender. (6-12 minutes depending on microwave) Peel the skins & discard, then mash.
2. Mash in salt & pepper. Then mix in 3 tablespoons of the egg. (discard the rest of the egg) Sift in the flour & knead until blended.
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces.
4. Roll each piece with your palms (like play-dough!!) into a 1/2 inch diameter rope. Then cut the dough into 1 inch pieces.
5. Roll each piece over a fork or a gnocchi board to form the grooves.
6. Cook the gnocchi in a pot of boiling water & remove as soon as they rise to the top! Remove with a slotted spoon & add the finishing touch...
...add your favorite sauce, try tossing with butter or alfredo or get creative & try adding something new!