Sometimes all it takes is a fun name to spark my compulsive shopping. Revlon had me at "Moon Candy". Who doesn't love candy & the moon is pretty stellar?!! The new Nail Art comes in 8 duos; each with a solid base & glitter flake top coat. They retail for $8.95 each; however, you can catch discounts at Rite Aid or even BOGO 50% off a Walgreens if your timing is lucky!
This polish felt like another Revlon Expression Experiment! I've never worn black nail polish. My obsession with the celeb-chic black nails doesn't work as well on my long nails. Feels very goth, claw-like, witchy...Here goes:
- Revlon ColorStay in Base Coat
- Revlon ColorStay in Top Coat
- New Revlon Moon Candy Nail Art in Moon Dust.
- First, I used 2 coats of Revlon ColorStay base coat just to be sure the black polish would come off my nails easily & not "dye" my nails.
- Next I applied 1 coat of black. (Started to feel like I should be collecting bones & making voodoo dolls)
- After waiting 10 minutes, I applied the glitter flake. This took some patience & a lot of polish. (I wanted to cover my nails & the black evenly to sweeten up the bold color)
- After waiting another 10 minutes, I applied Revlon ColorStay in Top Coat. MAJOR obsession, I apply this clear coat over ever color for a flawless finish & long-lasting manicure
My night owl nails ;)